Three Decades of History
Automotive Sensor Supply
The establishment of PVI in the early nineties set new standards for the accuracy, repeatability and durability for engine management sensors. PVI is an innovator and proactive problem solver providing contact and non-contact sensing products to the automobile industry, directly and via other tier 1 suppliers. PVI strives to create a unique formula, based on cutting edge development and industry expertise, to facilitate cost reductions, improved reliability, competitive differentiation and future growth for our clients.
Today PVI products continue to play a key role in billions across the world. PVI’s unique Integrated Manufacturing concept delivers value for money for our customers with:
- Patented long life resistive ink technology for contacting sensors
- Non-contacting sensor technologies, reducing wear, improving reliability and longevity
- Advanced prototyping facilities to support rapid realisation of new designs
- Design, development and management of dedicated production tooling
- As standard, our high quality sensors have 5% track correlation and 0.04% micro linearity
- In-house mechanical and environmental test facilities for reliable product validation
PVI designs and manufactures automotive position sensors and throttle pedals for some of the world’s most iconic marques. Since 1990, in partnership with Bosch, we have developed and supplied sensors for every major European car manufacturer.
In 2000 we developed a fully integrated pedal, and supplied more than one million pieces annually to major auto manufacturers in the USA. In addition, PVI supplied Asian automakers and we delivered two model ranges for a leading Australian car producer. In Europe, PVI have worked closely with prestigious sports car manufacturers to develop innovative solutions to meet their exacting requirements.
- 1996 saw PVI supply the first ‘Drive by Wire’ sensor to Bosch Automotive for Electronic Throttle Control for use in 12-cylinder engines. Over 12 million of these sensors have been supplied. This remains in current production with E Gas system now being employed in large trucks.
- From 1998 until the present day PVI has supplied over 20 million units of fourteen variants of Accelerator Pedal Module (APM) sensors to Bosch Automotive. These APM units have been supplied to almost every major European OEM.
- 2002 PVI was awarded a million piece per annum programme for Ford North America.
- In 2003 PVI was awarded the pedal program for an Australian based OEM’s vehicle platforms delivering more than 100,000 pieces annually.
- 2004 PVI developed and supplied the first non-contact pedal system for a prestige UK sports car platform.
- In 2006 as a result of technology transfer from UK to Shanghai, PVI was awarded the APM platform for China.
- In 2009 PVI was awarded its first, Floor Mounted non-contact APM, this time including the brake pedal and pedal box for another UK high end sports cat platform.
- In 2014 PVI developed and manufactured a non-contact sensing APM system for the third UK sports car platform.
- Currently PVI is developing ETC and Brake pedal systems for Electrical Vehicle project to be launched in 2020.
We start with complete understanding of our customer requirement and specifications. Then follow the process of Design, Development, Validation & PPAP approval.
PVI has a unique place in the automotive industry with having all expertise from design, development, validation and manufacturing in house.
PVI has proven technologies validated to major automotive manufacturers and OEM specifications around the world.
PVI has long term relationships with it’s supply chain to source the highest quality materials with very competitive pricing which benefit our customers.
We are mainly a Tier 1 to our customers. PVI always adds value to it’s customers with improvements, innovations & cost savings.
PVI supplies it’s core technology of long life resistive ink sensors to major pedal and control systems manufacturers in the world.
PVI follows ISO9001 and ISO14001 guidelines from design to manufacture of all our products. Quality is paramount to our operation to enabling us to supply Zero defect product to our customers.
All PVI operations are process driven. PVI has very low employee turnover to retain years worth expertise within the business. PVI trains it’s employees as per controlled process flow. PVI processes are robust and designed with failsafe (POKEYOKE) concept integration.
PVI’s dedicated R & D team contribute to improvement of existing products as well as new products innovations in collaboration with other industry partners and funding bodies.
Periodically we review our designs to improve our products with new technologies which usually leads to benefit our customers.
Also PVI invest in new technology development projects funded by both EEA and UK government.